Saturday, December 16, 2017

Dear Minister Bains, ATTENTION: KAREN COOLING ATTENTION: EMILY ZIMMERMAN



Injured workers who are being ripped of their benefits by workers' compensation boards, insurance, provincial or federal government benefits, report on social networks to the court of public opinion.
 
Dear Minister Bains,
ATTENTION: KAREN COOLING
ATTENTION: EMILY ZIMMERMAN
Further to my email of November 27th, 2017 (below). In my meeting with the Minister he directed me to be in contact with his senior ministerial assistant, Karen Cooling, to assist in corrective financial measures which will prevent my homelessness. I have called her office about five times and have sent about 10 emails. Here is a critical paragraph from my “demand” letter of November 27th:
In the meeting you heard that I am being robbed of my pension plan, unions, dues, and other deductions, which, are not statutory deductions from which WorkSafe is allowed to calculate 90% of net. I wrote them a letter dated December 21, 2016, outlining my concerns. This was ignored. In the one period adjudicated on my claim, March 2013 - 2015, I received barely enough to repay Great West Life, who, without their insurance that I purchased, I would now be dead because I haven’t received a cent since the one disbursement in about August 2016. You also heard that my out of pocket health care costs have not been provided for and I therefore had to terminate the treatment that I was receiving for the injury. You heard that I was paying approximately $500 a month into the Public Services Pension Plan, as well as union dues, and other deductions for which WSBC was not entitled to base their 90% of net formula. THE AMOUNT STOLEN IS APPROX $15,000.00 AND STANDS IN VIOLATION OF THE CRIMINAL CODE OF CANADA - GRAND THEFT IS $5,000.00.,
One week after I met with the Minister, I received a cheque for $50,000 from WorkSafe for outstanding benefits several years in arrears. This amount will not even cover what I must repay to the Insurance Company that has kept me alive. I will have to pay the full amount to them. Great West Life pays me 70% of my gross and therefore does not rob me of my pension plan and union dues and then gamble them in the TSE in fracking, fossil fuel companies, and a pipeline I have been fighting for five years, which also formed the platform for the election of the NDP in the last provincial election. They stated they strongly oppose the Kinder Morgan pipeline and will “use legal every tool in the shed” to prevent its completion. DIVESTMENT. Divest my stolen pension plan from the Kinder Morgan pipeline immediately and refund this money to me so that I can contribute to my pension and not retire into severe poverty.

Since I received $50,000 in one week because of the Minister’s directive, even though WorkSafe had been ignoring me for years, I expect that approximately $15,000 can be expedited even faster. There are a number of dire issues raised in the meeting and my previous email, but starting with a corrective financial intervention, invested in a pipeline contributing to premature human extinction, is something that I expect should happen immediately.
I look forward to hearing from Karen Cooling or Emily Zimmerman, who said that would call me back and have not, immediately.
I have also attached a video of me being assaulted by the head of security at WorkSafe when I was there with one other injured worker. We were honouring the victims of WorkSafe BC. I couldn’t fully remember what happened when I reported to the police, who were discouraging me from filing an assault charge and said they would have a long discussion with this head of security and that this incident would be documented. They also retrieved the megaphone, that I had not used, that this security head wrestled out of my hands, tried to break in half, and then handed it to another security guard who ran off with it. The incident was so frightening, I didn’t even realize I was videotaping the event until I looked at my phone later on that day. The video ends in assault. Furthermore, I was being thrown off the property, which one of the security guards stated he himself “owned” even though I am an active client. I was also ordered to remove my vehicle immediately or it would be towed. My money contributes to the rental of this massive fortress. I’m still not clear on how this constitutes private property.
The same security head made fun of the other injured worker because he stutters from a brain injury which occurred in a serious work injury. Do you think it’s wise that the head of security at WSBC assaults 55 year old, 105 pound women, and then mocks a speech impediment of another injured worker?
I would like to hear from you immediately regarding exactly when I can expect divestment and return of my stolen pension plan.
Warm Regards,
Joanne Thorburn


Song of the United Front

No comments: